Traditional methods of communication such as SMS and email can be missed by patients, seriously impacting the efficiency of the rollout programme and directly impacting vulnerable groups. Using a voice message (like sending a voice mail message) to remind patients about vaccination appointments helps because:
- The message is received on any phone, mobile or landline, registered to the patient.
- A voice message is individually recorded for each practice giving clear guidance on a patients’ vaccination appointment.
- The voice message call can come from a trusted telephone number, such as the patients’ surgery.
- From the voice message a patient can choose to be connected directly to a vaccination team if required.
- All calls from patients can be received on any phone within the PCN, at any location, logged and securely recorded.
The Sesui automated vaccine messaging service has been built to response to the COVID vaccination programme using the NHS compliant Sesui Cloud Communications platform used by NHS 111, IUCs and GP groups across the UK.